Open discussions on the Stacks Foundation
Looking ahead for the year, we used this time to get input from our board members on the most pressing questions. We wanted a diversity of perspectives to help drive this conversation by including a number of guests in the meeting, including:
- Brittany Laughlin - Executive Director of the Stacks Foundation [Board Member]
- Rodolfo Gonzalez - Partner at Foundation Capital [Board Member]
- Zavain Dar - Partner at Lux Capital [Board Member]
- Sean Gonzalez - Stacks Community Member [Community Board Seat Representative]
- Jude Nelson - Research Scientist [Observer Guest]
- Meltem Demirors - Chief Strategy Officer at CoinShares [Observer Guest]
We agreed that there is a lot of opportunity, but the best path forward for the Stacks Foundation is to hone in on key areas of growth and development for the Stacks ecosystem. We took away the following questions as areas to explore and answer within our team and through the support of the community:
- What are the defining features of Stacks?
- Why would developers and entrepreneurs build on Stacks as opposed to other networks?
- How can we leverage the ability of Stacks to bring DeFi to Bitcoin?
- How can we create a clearer, more compelling narrative around Stacks? One that highlights the unique possibilities offered by PoX?
- What can the Foundation do to drive more experimentation?